Saturday, January 3, 2009

NosEtalgic Candle Co.

Founded strictly by accident, we have high hopes for our little candle business. I guess it was September, and being the Halloween crazed person that I am, I had Keith bring down my Halloween decorations from the attic. Well, one of the boxes that was clearly labled: DO NOT STORE IN ATTIC: TEMPERATURE SENSITIVE, was, of course, put in the attic. This box contained all of my beloved Yankee candles from the previous Halloween. The candles had all melted in the jars, and re-hardened in new, shapes, they were ruined, or so I thought. Keith got creative and re-melted the candles into their original shapes, and well, just got carried away. In a week we had purchased 50 # of soy wax, and some glorious scents and we were on our way!
This past Christmas we officially launched the sale of our candles and have them listed on Etsy.
We can be found under TheSoggyBottomBoys user i.d. Here is the link: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6133746

My brother, Charles, designed the beautiful labels for our candles and we are still working and growing our business to create uniquely different, delicious candles.

I had what I thought was an epiphany when I named the candle business: NosEtalgic Candle Co. ReminiScents of Days Gone By....
For the most part, people get it, and we have gotten really positive feedback on the name.
Only a couple of folks have told me that I spelled nostalgic incorrectly.
What a waste of very expensive label paper if I have, by blindly slapping a misspelled word on our jars!
But seriously, I am going for a very vintage 40's feel, and the goal is to ultimately have themed labels and we are still working on our back label as well. It is a work in progress while we find our feet. Until we make big bucks though, I have all of the candles a candle lover could possibly want!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment