Monday, January 5, 2009

Oh My Broken Heart....

Well, I returned to work today after two very short work weeks. Christmas week and New Years week, we worked Monday through half-day Weds. and then were off for the remainder of the week/week-end. It was pure heaven to be able to soak up the time with my boys. I wish I could shake this OCD, but I still snuck some cleaning in... :)
And Keith was so motivated, cleaning out the garage and both attics. I dared not interfere!
I enjoyed beyond words just having our days free and just "being".
Last night was horrible. Just horrible. I guess around 3:00 p.m., I began to get depressed, knowing Monday was only a minute away. It only got worse as the day wore on. Keith and the boys had given me a digital picture frame and just loaded it up with tons of pics of the kids and even my clean house... I am sick, that way... :)
It was so depressing seeing the family and not being able to be with them. Oh how I miss them when I am away from them. Some days it is beyond bearing.
One day I will be with them again.
When I returned to work in Sept. 07, I had no idea. I have such tremendous respect for working mothers. Trying to do it all and be everything that everybody needs is so tough. Tonight I came home and made homemade chicken pot pie, and baked my chocolate chip cookies, cleaned the kitchen, and I am beat. But my New Year's resolution was to try to cook every night. Keith and I will trade off, I am sure, but I just can't bring myself to feed my family one more fast food meal. I know we may not succeed every night, but we are definitely going to try.
The boys go back to school tomorrow, and the baby will go back to Nana's every day.
It's back to the routine...
Until Spring Break....

No comments:

Post a Comment